Monday 30 August 2021

JS13k - A Weekend of Appearance - Day 15

 Halfway through the contest time and I had a weekend day to do nothing except JS13k so I thought I would pay some attention to the appearance of things - I knew the graphics would be very important to make the game come alive for people so I did an intense 14 hours work on the graphics of the game.

This is what I started with at 1pm on Saturday:




This version which you can play here is from about 6pm with proper cracks, animated piece movement and stems:



by about 9pm I had the growth  animations going and pretty randomly distributed leaves 


much later that night I had tiles drawn properly and better cracks:


Still not totally happy with the graphics but I think it looks better and the hard code issues are cracked.

Current compressed version is about 48% of the 13k.



No comments:

Post a Comment