I took an early relax last night so didn't end up doing much work on the game after the last demo; however unexpected free time happened to me this morning when a regular commitment was cancelled so I've got my progress back on track and at this point have a mostly working game which is quite fun to play.
Have the the playing surfaces responsive so they work nice on all devices now (I hope).
It's now got start and completion screens, and a scoring and timing system. There is still some significant work to be done tidying up the graphics and display css; and I'd like to add a few more small features to keep the game interesting; and I'd like to record the highest ever scores in local storage. (also analytics!)
We'll see in a few hours how much of that I get done.