Saturday 20 August 2016

js13kGames 2016 Already!

My favorite programming contest has rolled around again - js13k requires that you create an entire browser based game in under 13 kb of source code (which is an extraordinarily small amount), last year I did very well in this contest and was personally very proud of my creation (cargo-72 on this blog). The theme for 2016 is 'Glitch' and must be completed by the 13th September 2016.

This year I would like to produce an entry into the mobile and desktop contests that has: a) Looks really good on screen
b) Has music and sounds
c) Has simple clean game play
d) Has always different content procedurally generated
e) Is polished

I am currently professionally involved with a large games project which leaves me with little resource for js13k but I have decided to try to create a small elegant 'bullet-hell' type 2D shooter for the contest.


No comments:

Post a Comment