Thursday 24 August 2017

JS13k - Day 10 - 3d pretty and a 'real' level!

Got a lot further visually in the last couple of days - I have set-up the 3d transforms the way I have always envisioned them and at least on desktop they look very nice.

My new demo has a whole slew of new features:  a very different white backdrop; the 3d tilt and associated spark animations; pretty time control buttons; responsive layouts.

My new demo level is a lot more complex (think it may be approx level 6) and has multiple solutions of varying complexity some of which are 'quicker' than others - I really like this property in puzzle games - multiple solutions lead a player to explore the problem space more.

I'm also developing a more complex tileset for the upcoming levels.

Current size is very nearly 6kb ... I think it would be great to release the 13k games including a level editor but I just don't think it's going to fit.


No comments:

Post a Comment